PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ullswater Lake Maule pilot not guilty
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2015, 11:44
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Step Turn

I posted that I did not approve of what he has done but I do admire certain people who push the boundaries in themselves!
Everest was first climbed with limited equipment by someone who pushed his own boundaries.
We see crazy people who will climb cliffs with no ropes. The stunt man who threw his parachute out of an aircraft then dived out caught up with it and then put it on and pulled the rip chord. Even in the pioneering days of aviation test pilots stepped into the unknown and untested, the high parachute jump, breaking the sound barrier etc
Pilots like Chuck Yeager or the pioneering astronauts who had to push the limits into the unknown.

There is a saying " If you never push the boundaries you will never find what lies beyond " That goes for any pioneering whether its medicine or personal endeavour.

Sadly some who push those boundaries end up in the grave yard but somehow you have to admire their bravado, their colour their human spirit which can achieve so much.

We now live in a grey society and over regulated society where everyone knows everything about anyone. i marvelled at my I phone 6 which could read my fingerprint meaning I did not have to enter a code to access my phone until someone pointed out that now Apple have my digital fingerprint in their data bank somewhere.

As I said I don't approve of what this guy did but in someways its two fingers to the grey big brother world we have created and maybe a tiny rebellious side in me admires that

We all have to answer and pay for our actions and no doubt the CAA and FAA will be asking him to explain himself and probably pay in a court of law. I will add that we do not know whether he was an an inexperienced idiot who got away with it or someone experienced in the art of water skimming! I am not talking about this particular event but about the spirit in some people which makes them do this! channelled in the right way they can achieve a lot

Last edited by Pace; 25th Apr 2015 at 12:12.