PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ullswater Lake Maule pilot not guilty
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2015, 10:53
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't see scores of pilots killing themselves after watching low level aeros.
Not scores, but a few. A friend killed himself doing what he had seen me do dozens of times - just with less skill. I should have never been doing it at all, but much less in sight of anyone. After helping to lift my dead friend out of the wreck, I never did that, nor a number of other pointless, risky things I used to do, again...

Perhaps with low level aeros, the wannabe pilot has a real sense of real danger - and avoids. Other goofing around maybe does not present the reality of the associated danger so clearly.

Like speeding around a blind curve, one day it's going to get you - do you feel lucky today! Pilots with a true mentoring spirit, should not, in my opinion, seem to condone such things...

It's okay to waterski a land plane, I wanna come = It's okay to speed around the blind corner, I wanna come - the way I see it. Neither presents a favourable mentoring spirit here....

If a pilot gets caught scud running, they'll take flak here - "fly within your limits, and the legal minimums". How [why] is waterskiing any different to that, in the way we mentor it here?