PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CB IR
Thread: CB IR
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2015, 18:28
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thing, impressive attitude in your original post! Can't be bothered with the detail in the requirements or recording your progress towards meeting them.
An almost guarenteed response to my OP, surprised it didn't come quicker.

Lets take it a point at at time shall we for the less than able. I'm just a common or garden PPL, I don't read regulations apertaining to various licencing options that instructors must be au fait with. Rather than plod through a minefield of frankly mind numbing regulation I thought I would ask here, on the instructors forum, in the hope of a concise answer which Level Attitude very kindly provided. Apologies for not having the fortitude to find out for myself. I don't know how my freezer works either, when it goes wrong I ask an expert. Maybe I should get a book out of the library next time.

How many PPL's who fly for pleasure and are not building hours to be an instructor or go for a CPL log actual IFR time? I'm not talking about instrument time which of course we all log but the IFR time during a flight when you are not actually on instruments? I don't know of any. Maybe they ought to add an 'IFR' column to logbooks? This of course may change now that there is a requirement for it if you wish to do the CB IR.

I would leave you with this, assuming you are an instructor which I don't know whether you are or not; I spend my hard earned money with instructors in my not frequent spare time to try and be a good and safe pilot, the CB IR would seem to be the next logical step to me. Most of the time I'm not flying, not involved with flying, or even thinking about flying, I have a totally divorced from flying job and family. It would bode well to remember that when replying to guys who spend their money at training establishments trying to be the best and safest they can but without the knowledge of arcane regs that experienced instructors possess and without the flying abilities that come with poling around with students all day long.