PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Left Dubai, 50 AED debt, ridiculous!
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2015, 13:59
KrazyKat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those planning their exit from Dubai, just be prepared to be screwed over, bad.

I knew it was going to be bad, but it was much worse than expected.

ie. Selling possessions you don't want to ship back for a 80-99% loss.

for example, sellanycar.com advertising they buy all cars fair, fast and easy. I spent a half a day to only be offered 4,000 AED for a car I eventually sold at Dubizzle for 20,000 AED within hours of my final departure in a high stress time crunch. (sellanycar.com's online offer was 24,000 AED, liars!)

My advice, sell your car months before your final departure and rent one. Time is your friend.

sellanycar.com feeds on people's desperation that are leaving within 24-48 hours.

I sold a slightly used couch paid 900 AED brand new for 10 AED (best offer) I basically was paid 10 AED for someone to do all the work disposing of it.

As far as the 50 aed debt, the amount doesn't matter, a human can only be screwed over so many times.

My wife told me she's willing to cancel her Dubai trip out of principle and boycott everything UAE, forever. She's had enough too.

In the end, the whole expat adventure; I did take more money home than they took from me, so in the end, I did win.