PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop transition to jet?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2015, 19:06
Geotracker

Haha this became now a pro-belgian thread! Are You kidding me?! Well the good ones where from thd Sabena period which was reputated to be one of the best worldwide regarding training. Times have changed now and believe me there are a lot of horrible Belgians too out there. Every country, airline and ect... has it's good and less better pilots. The training of today given in belgian schools is rather poor in comparison with French, British and German schools. I've spoken to many Belgium FTO trained people and it was a joke! It seems they are also outstanding in beeing very arrogant, they think they are the top of the cream...

Well Belgian airlines are famous for their raw-data ''drop the pants'' checks and handflying. But it's very rare you see some Belgian plane making a smooth touchdown and why? Because they are that programmed of beeing afraid and getting sacked when they will float just a little bit even if the runway is like 4000 meters. Some are very rough with the controls as well and horrible farmer accents on the freq.

Then you have that famous method of departing without FD's manually on a SID with the hand on the throttle until they reach like FL300 or something, which is even illegal to do in RVSM airspace. But they consider that really rich to their training while there is nothing special about following a straight magenta line and keeping the same pitch.

I'm not British but I think this nonsenses should stop, You have good and bad everywhere.