PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2015, 17:00
JDA2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I was assessed today...I can't really share any secrets as it would be unfair on other candidates who have already attended, as well as somewhat undermining the process, however I can give some general info to make things a little easier on those yet to go:

- I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express T5 last night. It has good transport links and is a very nice hotel for an Express (fridge in the room and two restaurants downstairs) and was £82 for the night - there may be cheaper options but I'm working on my loyalty status for a trip later in the year...

- From the HIE you can take Hotel Hoppa bus H55 from directly outside to T5 bus stop 22 for a £4 single ticket. This takes around 15-20 mins to T5, slightly longer if the traffic is bad.

- From T5, I then took bus BA5 direct to Waterside, using the letter provided. Note that this bus and the BA1 both now depart from bus stop 20, not 21 as indicated in the material from BA (not that it's a long walk between the two). It is a very quick trip to Waterside, maybe 5-10 mins.

- Signing in at Waterside is done at the front desk, on your left as you go in. They will give you a pass and PIN which grants you access to the Recruitment Centre, also on the left.

- Multiple assessments may be ongoing when you arrive - I was somewhat taken aback by the number of candidates in the RC, but it turned out that the majority were there for BA Cargo and Cabin Crew assessments.

- Only ten FPP candidates were in our slot, which we'd already deduced from the booking system. One was someone I'd met at my OAA day and pegged as a potential successful candidate; the others were new to me (but all also from OAA). Everyone I spoke to had an interesting story to tell, all knew their stuff with regard to BA and the industry and all were without a doubt deserving of a place on the programme.

- So, the assessments - no comment. Use the BA email as sole reference for the tests, it is not my intention to add or imply anything on top of the content of that email.

- Personal thoughts on my performance: I was happy with most of the tests which are described in the BA mail, and in fact apart from one test I was quite confident, but feel that I let myself down on a particular one. We shall see what news awaits!

- I heard that at least one other candidate got a substantially better score than I did on my "problem" test, and hope that I did enough in other areas to cover for any poor performance here. So begins the waiting - we were told 7-10 days for news, which seems fair as other FTOs are yet to have their assessments.

Once again, good luck to you all - not long to go now until it's all done and we know one way or the other

Last edited by JDA2012; 24th Apr 2015 at 12:40.