PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin hits runway with wheels up and then takes off!
Old 23rd Apr 2015, 09:53
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rights and wrongs in aviation help keep it interesting. Irrespective of the stupidity of any action I find it difficult to say a different choice was the correct one where the outcome could not have been better than with the choice made.
All you can say was he was extremely lucky the Gods were looking after him It was not a correct decision to take or an action I would recommend to another pilot.

He had no idea of the extent of damage to the props or the thrust they would generate.

the aircraft was right on the edge of stalling at one point. He was lucky it wasn't a windy day and a down draught didn't catch him.

My concern is trying to justify this action to other pilots who probably won't have such a kind God looking over them if they followed such an action as in any laws of airmanship it was a crazy choice to make I hope he thanked that God for letting him get away with it because thats all it was! Getting away with it and a huge helping of luck.