PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2015, 23:34
RONTOM-EGPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Short Finals,

Best of luck, let us know how you get on either way.

Does anyone out there know or heard of any cases within the UK that have tried taking the CAA to a tribunal to challenge their colour testing ways. The only reason I'm asking is that I work for an oil company in Aberdeen and many of you may or may not have heard that with the decline in oil price and production a lot of people in the industry are facing or have been made redundant. Now, I've seen a fair amount of people challenging unfair dismissal and constructive dismissal and they have won their cases against their companies. Would winning a case against the CAA like what our friends in Oz have done be "doable" with the laws, policies and regulations we have in the UK. I didn't realise there was so many loop holes and people friendly procedures here in the UK to tackle unfairness. Just a thought folks, that could be rolled out in to something a lot bigger. I've been thinking long and hard about all of this over the past three weeks and I'm wandering wether or not to try and tackle the procedure and see if we can or not get to the same level Austrailia are at with CVD pilots.

Any thoughts on the matter are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!