PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Pilot arrested at Heathrow for possession of knives
Old 22nd Apr 2015, 14:55
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luganao
I really laugh at the nonsense you guys write …….
I find that people who see the world in black and white are usually missing gray matter.

STP
In answer to your question about the ex CX pilot who tried to cheat the security queue in Honolulu -
No, I don't think the TSA or the FBI over-reacted; his conduct clearly had to be investigated.
Whether prosecution was necessary in the particular circumstances could be reasonably argued either way.
Whilst what he did was both very stupid and a criminal offence, I have no reason to believe that he was a security risk.
I wouldn't attach any weight to his lawyer's (silly) comment during mitigation. If there had been any foundation for it, medical evidence would have been adduced.
I think the penalty (3 years probation) was entirely appropriate in all the circumstances.
According to various news reports, the prosecutor did not seek a prison sentence. Given the particular circumstances (of the offence and the offender) that does not surprise me.

Silberfuchs
The word "concealed" may have a lot to do with it?
Where does the word "concealed" come into it?
On the information currently available, I have no reason to be believe that the item(s) were concealed.
The fact that an item is not on public display does not necessarily mean it is concealed.
darkroomsource described the relevant legislation as "concealed weapons laws". That is not correct.

Yonosoy Marinero
I'd also like the community of my peers to stand up behind me the day I unwillingly screw up.
The chances of that happening on PPRuNe are not good - although it should always be borne in mind that not all posters are your peers, nor even professional pilots.
You are in a far better position than me to assess what would be likely to happen where it matters.

Revman2

I'm content to be included amongst those you regard as dimwitted.
I'll bear it with as much fortitude as I can muster.