PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus: Flying an ILS not in the database
Old 22nd Apr 2015, 14:33
Goldenrivett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Airman,
if the selected course is wrong then LAND mode will not be displayed
The diagram posted in #31 suggests you fly a GA if there is no LAND mode displayed by 350 ft. If the ILS course is incorrect then you have to revert CAT II minimums and perform a manual Landing.

Airbus FCOM has the least amount of information of any aircraft I've flown.
The data is locked (ILS Frequency & QDM) at 700 Radio, so why wait until 350 ft to check it?
On a previous AC type which was approved for NO DH & 75m, the ILS Course was changed by rotating the Omni Bearing Selector (OBS). It was possible to change it accidentally (HDG knob near by), so the very last chance we had to ensure it was set correctly was by 350 ft - else we reverted CAT II minimums for Manual Landing. 350 ft was chosen because that's when the "Align" software calculated the heading change for the AutoLand touch down.

In post #29, we re-positioned the sim from the ground somewhere to finals ILS somewhere else. No Flight Plan, Tuned ILS Frequency & QDM on Rad Nav page, Armed the Approach and flew the ILS manually for a Crosswind Landing. All the normal Auto Land modes appeared. I'll try with the AP in next time - and I'm confident it will remain engaged and Auto Land.

Last edited by Goldenrivett; 22nd Apr 2015 at 17:14. Reason: typos