PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Pilot arrested at Heathrow for possession of knives
Old 21st Apr 2015, 23:07
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shep69, sorry, this question was aimed at Flying Lawyer as I thought you'd made your final comment on my original question by stating:

STP

Yup.

That is all.
Thread drift here and I apologise to everyone in advance. You say he'd been doing it for months - does that make it OK? Does someone who habitually speeds through a suburban street (not yours) 'for months' break a law and pose a threat or not, or is it simply the fact that he hasn't been caught? If that same driver were driving through your street, even if you knew who he was as a fellow member of your club, would your point of view change?

Regarding the time when this individual was caught, who was at fault, him or the TSA officer? In a statement that I read that was linked in an earlier thread on the topic, his lawyer made the following statement:

his Honolulu defense attorney in the criminal case, attributed a possible head injury from that crash as a reason for his actions at the airport. [The pilot], now a student at Tulane University, said in court he can't explain what he did.
If this was his defence, how can you state that his actions were "Not much of a threat"? The planes might have got where they were meant to on previous occasions but who can state categorically, given his defence lawyers claim, that he was of sound mind? Clearly I'm not in a position to as I'm not a medical professional but the lawyer's statement did make me question his (the pilot's) mental state. (As an aside, I asked myself if indeed that was really his defence).

To reiterate, I raise this question not about him per se but rather to fully understand your point of view on airport security and threats affecting our industry. Oh, and I assume from your Aunt Betty/Uncle Fred/Al-Unsafe example you're of the opinion that those who pose a threat to our industry are only of one particular panethnic group?