PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a Test Pilot
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2015, 17:34
Tester78

Reinhardt,

You do not know who I am, because you are not part of the flight test world. A significant number of those on this forum for flight test professionals WILL know me, not least because my username is also my previous flight test PERSONAL CALLSIGN!

The fact that you accuse ME of hiding behind an identity is an utter joke. Who are YOU???

I will answer your post, but only to defend the reputation of both Izzy and ETPS.

No, I was not on the graduation board! I wasn't even a member of the ETPS staff at that time, although I have been. I was in a management post with QinetiQ, and had no role in the graduation of students.

How do you suggest I have been 'selling her professionally'? Read my posts again. I simply pointed out, in response to your implied accusation, that you cannot buy an ETPS graduation qualification and that test pilot courses are not attendance courses. That is directly relevant to those reading this thread for its subject; how to become a test pilot from a civilian background. I described the training course she did, because that, again, is relevant. In this thread, and others, you have peddled factually incorrect information about test flying that could mislead the OP and others in their career decisions if they made the mistake of thinking that you knew what you were talking about.

Before you suggest it: No, I did not help Izzy get a job at Airbus. If you wish to, check with the Chief Test Pilot. PM me and I'll put you in touch.

All this is grossly unfair to a lady who has managed to achieve what you probably envy. She has never sought publicity; she had to be persuaded (even instructed) to give the interviews quoted, and now declines them. She just wants to be allowed to get on with her chosen career. Her case was raised in this thread (not by me) as an example of what can be achieved. She is not the only female test pilot, or the only one from a civilian background, and she is simply one of a great team of highly competent and qualified people.

Reinhardt, take a long hard look at yourself. And stop blundering around in a forum for which you appear to have no credentials and nothing relevant or factual to contribute.

Last edited by Tester78; 21st Apr 2015 at 20:40.