PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Pilot arrested at Heathrow for possession of knives
Old 21st Apr 2015, 13:00
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Flying Lawyer

In response to my statement about inconsistency:

Is that unreasonable?
As a passenger, I readily understand why some airline pilots feel indignant about security procedures.

I would be entirely content with the pilots being treated differently from me - whether officially by different rules or by discretion being exercised.
Fair comment but I wasn't referring to the inconsistency between people but of people - what's acceptable to some one week isn't the next, depending on the topic. Would those who are denigrating the security staff and police have had the same reaction had the headline referred to a pilot from a different airline and perhaps of different ethnicity, I wonder?

Shep69 stated that he expected the TSA to turn a blind eye to the pilot who tried to go into a secure airport area using false credentials (inasmuch that they belonged to an ex-employer) is not only incredulous but, quite frankly, alarming. I'd be interested to hear your view on that particular incident and whether you think the TSA and FBI over-reacted?

Anyway, that was my point.