PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Pilot arrested at Heathrow for possession of knives
Old 21st Apr 2015, 01:18
bufe01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Copenhagen, leaving aside this particular incident, LHR is a world in itself everyone based there could tell you hundreds of pure harassment, arrogance, incompetence stories.
I as an operating pilot in uniform, ID etc. wasn't allowed in the gate waiting room while all the rest of the staff was. Yes I have been bollocked for carrying an extra size, 25x20 instead of 20x20, clear plastic bag or a mini toothpaste tube or water OUT of the airport after arrival or...and I could go on forever. I have seen D. Cameron at the time just PM candidate beeing strip searched holding is shoes in his hand ! I have been kept waiting for a supervisor because the machine kept going off and half naked and annoyed I told them a screw in my wrist was the only metal I had on me ! And finally I had Osama Bin Laden in a white robe, flat, round taliban hat, white robe, military jacket, long beard checking my ID and this is not a joke I seriously thought he was him. LHR is a different class even from the most anal US airport right after 7/11. One extra little reason to make me move to a different base.