PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training as a crew - the vexed question of what seat you should occupy in an LPC/OPC
Old 20th Apr 2015, 21:43
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mister B.

I guess with all this alternating of priorities with each successive LPC you have access to the records that show what configuration was used on the previous test?

When doing the incapacitation scenario do you, as TRE, allow the candidate to complete the flight to shutdown?

One possible scenario is a serious malfunction that causes the Captain to have a heart attack leaving the poor old newbie to get the aircraft back, probably via an instrument approach, whilst sorting out the malfunction at the same time.

Can you operate the EC225, EC 155, Airbus 175, S76 C++ or S92 from the LHS (imagine a short-arse co pilot with stubby little arms)? What about if you are carrying a malfunction or systems failure?

The 139 is certified SP so there are a number of things that are positioned for optimum RHS operation and would be challenging for a small copilot to operate (parking brake, rotor brake). There are no Eng Gov selector switches on the left hand collective, only engine beepers, and there is only one AP control panel in the centre of the interest console. No show stoppers I think, but a full rehearsal would be a confidence booster I'm sure.

G.