PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Maritime Patrol Aircraft - An Urgent Requirement
Old 20th Apr 2015, 18:13
Bannock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thread drift I know but.....many years ago as part of the MODs push to educate its people I attended a lecture on the Sources Of Future conflict , It concentrated mainly on Environmental change and the effect of mass migration. The speaker emphasised that as mother nature changes its MO over decades, net migration will slowly increase,however any threat of geopolitical upheavel would have an immediate and potentially catastrophic economic effect on stable regional neighbours.

We seen this coming, we educated our people, we allowed it to happen and still we are outraged when it comes to pass!
I also participated on the Investors in people accreditation. So a dramatic waste of money on both fronts.

To put this thread back on a sensible track crawl - Maritime Merlins are crap. ( Except when they bring the fresh milk and mail)

http://cirrus.ucsd.edu/~pierce/midea...d_conflict.pdf

Migration

There is considerable evidence from the behaviour of past societies to show that

large-scale migrations of people have followed episodes of environmental change.

With the rapid increase in the world’s population over the last century and the

location of large numbers of people in environmentally marginal regions, it is likely

that climate change will drive future migrations and produce environmental refugees.

Clearly, a large-scale movement of people has the potential to destabilize political,

economic and social systems in neighbouring countries with consequent lowered

thresholds for conflict.

Last edited by Bannock; 20th Apr 2015 at 19:15. Reason: rubbish cutting and pasting