PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Maritime Patrol Aircraft - An Urgent Requirement
Old 20th Apr 2015, 12:59
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hangarshuffle
RAF and other NATO members did bomb seven bells out of Libya,. . .ungovernable violent rabble with thousands of miles of lawless coastline at the gate of civilization (Europe)which they cant seem to control.. . .
the springboard for thousands of displaced people to try and reach Europe for a better life.
History shows that any country in which we or our allies have intervened in the last century and this sees an immediate influx of refugees and immigrants from those countries irrespective of whether they have any affinity with our respective countries.

In other words, when we intervene, or rather before we consider intervening, we need to make plans for the inevitable influx.

One curiosity, given the violence we have delivered on their heads, is why they then want to come here. Come here now that is rather than come before we bombed them.