PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 questions
Thread: B737 questions
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2015, 22:15
Raptor71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

Well thanks for your answers, it makes more sense.
Maybe you could help me with that too:

I have some questions on the ACP.

Coming from an airplane in which you have a PTT on the ACP:

( I/C: NORMAL POSITION, allowing you to hear and speak to your colleague (and the cabin crew when they call) without having to do anything with the transmitter switches when you use your boom set, however, if you use your microphone, then you need to select the INT transmitter switch; NEUTRAL POSITION: rarely used because You canon do anything with it; R/T: used when you do not want to use the PTT switch located on your Control wheel,when you're done transmitting that way, it will go back to the neutral position, if you don't select the I/C position, you colleague will not hear you talking to him)

and one on the Control wheel : two positions ( neutral and pushed (used to transmit when one transmitter switch is selected)

Pretty simple I must say.
I do not know if the B737 FCOM is unclear but the ACP use seems complicated

I mean, do I need to do anything to speak to my colleague and the cabin crew ( when they call the flight deck)? Can I let the PTT on the ACP in the I/C position and talk to them without using the PTT on my CW?
Is it equivalent to letting the ACP PTT in the neutral position and use the CW PTT in the INT position with the FLT INT transmitter sw selected?

Thank you