PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick arrivals
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2015, 18:52
ZOOKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And another thing...
'ZOOKER Towers' is 3.5nm from the ARP of a very busy international airport. It's also located on a 'cul-de-sac', underneath one of that airport's SID tracks, which has been utilised extensively today.
I don't get passing road-traffic, but the aircraft passing overhead often still have take-off thrust set.
Today, I did one of my frequent 5 mile walks around the local area. On the through-roads, the noise of overflying aircraft was often masked by the noise from road traffic....But do the folk who live alongside the roads continually complain to the local council, The DVLA, or The Highways Agency?
Of course not!
Do the folks who live within earshot of the M1, M2, M3, M4, M25 etc ring up if the road-traffic-noise is irritating?
Of course not!
Even though the noise from these sources is usually continuous, unlike a/c noise, which is transitory.
I read recently that attending U.K. airshows is one of the most popular spectator-events, (after watching football).
Time to celebrate aviation, methinks, and the astonishing reductions in aircraft-noise that have occurred over the last 30 years.

Last edited by ZOOKER; 19th Apr 2015 at 20:59.