PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Pilots - Unprofessional?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2015, 18:15
DeflectedAileron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thank everyone for contributing their two cents into this discussion. The university I am going to is UniSA, although I am not sure why they require uniforms for the practical aspect. I am not sure why it is also essential to wear a uniform as a student pilot, but I am complying to my university's rules. The maximum is 2 stripes on the epaulettes (CPL) while the minimum is none (RPL or under).

Loose hair and ballet flats do not give a reliable and good impression to employers. I know that I am nowhere near that stage, but learning to be professional and complying to dress standards may be beneficial in the future (especially cadetship interviews). If I was a commercial pilot, I would want my passengers to think that I am trustworthy and take my work seriously. Discipline is part of taking work seriously.

Our epaulettes have our university's name on it. Whenever I fly at Parafield, I always wanted to dress neatly and act formal as I want to preserve a good impression of the university.

Is there actually a reason not to tie their hair up, other than it being a fashion issue? Or are they too lazy or they cannot be bothered (this is a bad attribute). Aviation is, of course, not about fashion. We should displace the gender roles.