PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 19th Apr 2015, 17:30
k738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyfly4; No, JOC is not needed. 2 friends of mine got the job without it. I guess it might help you to get chosen for the interview maybe.

JQKA; No, I am not type rated on the 737. Starting my course in May. Still, I think their questions is fair. They don`t expect you to know all details, but again, they can see how much homework you did before the interview by asking them!(I learned basic facts about RYR before going).
As far as I am concerned, all the questions except the limitations is basic atpl questions. Electrical question.. Well, they might ask about THE 737 system, but in reality they just want to see how you respond to something you might not know. Tell them that you never studied it, but you know that jets generally has 115/200volt AC, 400hz system, 2 engine driven generators, apu and some backup battery.. Yeah sure, you can mention the TRU`s, inverters and so on, but that is just "bonus points".
The 737 vs A320 question might not be a text book questions, but still within the fair limits I would say. Use your head and think about the different philosophy between Boeing and Airbus. All pilots should know this.. Its not like asking about Cessna vs Piper.. Boeing gives the pilot more control, Airbus is all about computers. Fly by wire is the word they want to hear, and again, its in the atpl books..

If you really want a job, prepare for the interview(I spent 2 weeks with a lot of studying, wikipedia, and also flying in a 737 sim). They can ask you anything. I would have done the same if I were them. You want to hire someone that is dedicated.