PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Creating some form of Canadian Pilots Association
Old 19th Apr 2015, 17:27
chris28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
330pilot, honestly you are the first person ever to call me "cheap"! The reason being is because I am far from it, but I do like to see something for my money, or at least let it make me feel good. I don't mean to take away from the discussion, because I really would like to see some sort of organization for all of us, at least to put us all on a level playing field of some sort, and have a voice.

But I would be willing to bet a vast majority of pilots in Canada scrolled through the registration process and stopped when they seen the $60.00 fee.

Sure it cost money to run things, but what did you get for your money? People will not blindly donate $60.00 of there beer money to something unless there is something in it for them.

What the solution is to this, I don't know. Maybe start with getting people on a list first without a fee, use our groups #'s to make a change and let people see there actually are people working behind this website.
A great first start would be putting a stop to the temporary foreign workers flying Canadian planes for Canadian companies. I can't see anyone not putting there name on this. Once you have them and the numbers on a list and one feat accomplished then throw the money pitch yadda, yadda. It's all JMO of course!