PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALDERNEY
Thread: ALDERNEY
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2015, 15:21
Aero Mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
five zero by ortac, just curious but now GR has a substantially higher avg load factor on its GCI-UK regional services than it once did, given the substantially reduced yield available from ACI passengers tranferring (evident from the breakdown of any such booking) would it really be in GR's commercial interest to try and shoe-horn them through GCI? There have been many occasions when I've travelled ACI-LGW and noted that I'm paying upwards of 50 per cent less booking on that route rather than on a comparable GCI-LGW direct booking made on the same day.

Re the demise of ACI-JER, you suggest that GR sought to end it on purpose. The following was my own reading of the demise of ACI-JER - is this not correct? Rockhopper was granted a license to commence operations on the route in late 2003 and Aurigny terminated its flights from Alderney to Jersey in early October 2004, citing the shrinking of the market from 9,356 passengers in 2003 to 4,687 passengers in 2004 and what it saw as unsustainable competition which would not have been incurred had it been the sole operator. Rockhopper cut the route in early 2005; only 54 passengers were carried between the two islands that year. Under new management, Blue Islands made seasonal returns for some of the summer months to the route from 2006 until 2009, when it stopped.