PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cost of living uae
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2015, 08:51
Raffa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ekwhistleblower
Rafa,

Been here 16 years, you say I get 14000 euros a month?! Really?! I must check my bank statements more carefully.

Look at it from the other end. Ask what you could rent for 50,000 euros a year. Would it be a 4 bed roomed terrace house with no garden in a pilot village (labour camp)? In the US you could buy a house in 4 years with that number and then pocket the cash.
I work as a vvip handler agent, and my husband is a G550 captain, who s Interviewing for a private business jet comoany, so I think, more or less, that the salary I stated is about accurate (including the housing allowance, of course, but excluding per diem..)
So my question was whether it is a reasonable salary to be able to live down there, considering that he will have to take care of his own pension privatly. Ive been in Dubai may times, but I do know it is different when you live somewhere rather than being there on holidays..
My question is not about costs of restaurants or shopping...those things are extras, that can be cheap or expensive anywhere (we currently live in sweden, and these things are quite expensive as well)... I was more concerned about what we should make sure is included an provided on the contract...