PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a Test Pilot
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2015, 02:29
Tester78

Reinhardt,

Izzy is indeed my partner (since 2013), and that's no secret. The only surprising thing is that she sees anything in me!

However, if you can contain your excitement for a moment, read my post again and you'll notice that I confine myself to the facts. There was and is no personal interest in what I've said.

This thread is about routes to becoming a test pilot, and it's important for prospective trainees to understand that test pilot courses at the recognised schools are not attendance courses. They are expensive, and there is a risk of not meeting the required graduation standard. In the case of ETPS, *a number of students have indeed not reached the required standard for short-course graduation over the years, just as is also the case for the long courses. However, those schools will take care to advise potential students on their course entry standard and likelihood of success.

Your reference to '2 day courses for airlines' must refer to training for pilots preparing to fly technical sorties such as post-maintenance checks. I don't know whether ETPS now offers such training, although the major manufacturers do. Such a course and a subsequent technical pilot role would be an excellent first step towards test flying for someone in an airline (or similar) career path, but would not be adequate preparation for immediate employment as, say, a production tp.

As regards your reference to my 30 years flying, I have no idea what you're on about. But perhaps we could keep the thread to its intended subject, of providing advice to prospective flight test professionals?

Last edited by Tester78; 20th Apr 2015 at 09:53.