PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALDERNEY
Thread: ALDERNEY
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2015, 20:24
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Point we'll made, & accepted. But, both AUR & BCI abandoned the route prior to that; which says something about the profitability !
Perhaps it is one thing to operate a locally based BN3 & quite another to operate a more sophisticated aircraft which has to be flown in to 'JA from quite a long way away (& then flown back to base).
This is what would have to happen if Citywing were to be the operator of this service; which, I presume, would not be daily but, even if it was, the aircraft would either be left doing nothing for the rest of the day or have to be flown back to the UK to be utilized elsewhere. Because, I cannot imagine that there would be more than 2 services per day on this route (even 1 per day would be pushing it, in my opinion).
What are we talking about ? 1 service per day equals 20 seats in each direction ie 40 pax capacity. 2 per day = 80. With Alderney's population of 2000 & demand from Jersey likely to be very small - less than 10 per day ?, even with sky high fares I don't see a highly profitable enterprise here.