PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - License still valid, I can only do LPC if I pay 2 simulator sessions (full recurrent
Old 18th Apr 2015, 11:31
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experience from the last 4 years of dealing and working with CAE, I have never had a problem concerning LPC/OPC and paperwork was always express-couriered on time and if there was any claim from authorities side concerning the paperwork, it was also sorted out very quickly.

If you play by their rules and standards, there should be no problems - if you however start trying to push for "short-cut" services "outside the box"- you will run into heavy waters and the will to cooperate will start falling short of personal expectation - I have seen this with people trying their luck - with frustrating results.

An LPC on type is interesting but should not be the norm, because the idea of a full recurrent on the SIM and classroom discussion - if done effectively - makes far more sense for annual training.

I do agree however: those costs are extremely painful! (Even more so with the current €/$ exchange rates... OMG! They should stop quoting $ prices in European facilities...)