PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Variation 1!
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2015, 09:34
Alconguin Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great post TOGA! Some pilots just don't get it. Most of the world's international pilots have a 90 min check in time and guess what, that is when they come on duty even if they have to drive themselves to work. Plus they get 30 mins after the flight.
Recently before a flight I dropped off my laundry, went downstairs to pick up some mail and happened to run into a friend who was leaving the company. Before I knew anything my phone was ringing and the FDM was asking where I was. I told him I was downstairs. Now if it was the Turkish German FDM on duty the phone call probably wouldn't have been placed but the newest FDM (guess where he comes from) said in a raising voice the FAs need to briefed and the FO is wondering where I am. I said relax and then paused, I don't come on duty for another 20 mins. That rocked his world. He didn't know what to say. I said tell the crew I will see them in 10 mins. We still left 3 mins early.
Under the current company induced fatiguing conditions any pilot would be a fool to go into HIS discretion period. What do have to gain?
15 weeks profit share coming May 7.