PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Part 61 conundrum for Australian ATPL applicants
Old 18th Apr 2015, 02:54
FO Cokebottle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

tocum:

I am a Non Australian resident and obtained my first licence CPL/IR - CASA with fATPL
What is a fATPL?

If you are referring to "Frozen" when prefixing the ATPL with "f" then you are incorrect and/or misled.

There is no such qualification as a "Frozen Air Transport Pilot License" - this term has crept into the industry with Europe and the P2F cancer and when the fully integrated CPL/MEIR course was approved by CASA. It was trumpeted by the flying schools (including those in Europe) offering this course as the qualification you gained upon completion.

The qualification is: CPL/MEIR with ATPL subjects passed.

Is there a way to ask any exemption to the new CASA regulation and conduct the flying component of the CASA ATPL flight test on my next Dash 8 recurrency?
CASA has a CAAP that deals with checking and recurrency, conducted outside of Australia, for the purpose of maintaining Australian (CASA) License currency/qualifications . In short, it is an even more expensive option.

A far less onerous option would be to gain a FAA ATP Certificate. However, there has been a tightening up of the requirements for a direct issue of the ATP Certificate.

Best of luck on the Saffa ATP.