PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Break-away thrust?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2015, 17:14
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Chain Got Yanked!

In all seriousness, I think said captain was yanking your chain. All responses are ~reasonable, but I go with @Stilton, '...that necessary to move the aircraft...' That said, remember the 'breakaway' qualifier: Once the SOB is moving, back off; far less is necessary to Keep it Moving. And (got to love it!!) don't forget @LNIDA's note about Ramp Rats and Chocks. (From a standing start, can you taxi over chocks? YES! Can it be done at 30% N1? NFL.
Under Any circumstances, if not moving before reaching <40% N1, it is time to back-off and investigate. I pity the fellow or gal whose aircraft moves forward at 40%, yet leaves the nose and two (or more) main gears in their original position. That would cause a difficult conversation and some very creative Carpet Dancing.
"If you're not invited to sit, expect to dance." (Unknown pilot meeting with chief pilot)
I think you got your chain yanked. Captain was simply establishing the pecking order, you flunked and s/he does not like CRM. Got a better idea? I'd like to hear it.