PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR in Scotland or Poland
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2015, 11:10
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marcus1290,

I appreciate what you and what everyone else has said here. I have absolutely no intention in reckless flying especially when it comes to icing but what you are also suggesting is that no one in the UK ever picks up ice unintentionally due to superior planning compared to Poland. Sounds a little far fetched to me. Especially in the UK where the forecast can tell you sunny skies and you have hail in reality.

I am all up for extensive pre-flight planning but surely you have to appreciate that with these Tecnams to have a 100% chance of avoiding (unknown) icing conditions you will have to not fly at all a lot of the time. What's required is some extra thought in terms of contingencies. Which is why making a comparison of flying over the Atlantic ocean isn't really a good comparison. That is not the same as bumbling around an airport shooting some approaches. But I understand what you mean in terms of planning, as I said.

Bartolini have a Seneca V by the way which would still turn out cheaper than anything in the UK.

Last edited by Bearcat F8F; 17th Apr 2015 at 11:47.