PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qantas Mainline ever hire another pilot on a permanent contract?
Old 17th Apr 2015, 10:08
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Kansas:
Don't ever come to Kansas.
That headline might be the most obvious statement ever written. But that doesn’t keep it from being true.
I used to defend my home state to outsiders. Who are they to talk smack on the prairie? It’s like I can say horrible things about my family, but you can’t say anything bad about my family. That’s a privilege you have to earn.
But now? Now I’m done. There is nothing left to defend.
You see, I’m convinced that the state of Kansas wants nothing more than to be the most reality-denying state in the Union. And, boy howdy, is it on its way.

I can't quote the above because Windows 8.1 won't let me on this site, but I could have almost written that about QF

And two further points on that excellent analogy:
1) I would LOVE to throw water on Elaine - she is also Irish green and might just melt!
2) The snow scene is actually asbestos powder which was used extensively as Christmas decorations way back in the day. Just like Qf's Glorious Five Year Plans - Looks great but might just kill you in 10 years....

The death, appallingly evil cartoon characters and the Wizard eventually being revealed as a charade - that movie could be a QF documentary but I do get what you are saying and totally understand. I just hope the Yellow Brick Road does go somewhere for all those on LWOP and not just peter out into a smoke and mirrors falsehood.

I saw a very sad looking 787 parked at the end of 16 the other day. Wrong colours, wrong plan and a tragically wrong place for an aircraft with fantastic potential to be parked. How much are ANZ making out of theirs compared to Jetstar?