PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FINALLY :D
Thread: FINALLY :D
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2015, 10:08
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry you walked into a family fight at wormingford, Buttino! and Thing, you always have a moan about gliding clubs....they are all different, my dears. But the difference between a gliding club and a power flying organisation is that we do get to know each other very well and make friends (and enemies too, just like your family!).....

Flying power you don't have to spend any time at all interacting with other people, just do your own ....thing! (oops, sorry! couldn't resist!)
At many airfields, especially grass farm strips, an impromptu fly in Will occur and everyone gets to have a good chat, I am convinced that microlight pilots can smell a barbecue from 5000 feet, often a good day is had by all, complete strangers included.
I too have experienced the bloated egos & opinionated views by glider pilots who think the rest of us can't see where we are going.
I have also witnessed a C172 cruising gaily up the winch line just as I was about to connect the wire. There are faults on both sides, I just wish we could all get on together.