PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR in Scotland or Poland
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2015, 09:42
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crikey, take it easy.

I said before that my initial wording was incorrect. I was merely trying to get across to the OP that flying in Poland can be challenging and you have to make good decisions in marginal conditions. I never said "far better than in Scotland" either.

Yes, we did continue but only after we waited for a while for conditions to improve, which they did. Otherwise why would we land in the first place only to continue in the same conditions??

I can see how my initial wording would have made it seem like it though which is why I changed it.

And yes, you can spend days on end not flying in winter. Some PPL students were there for a few months before I came! I was lucky with one of the warmest winters though.

You need to go and see a trick cyclist.......you have no comprehension as to what icing can do to flying machines.
I have a degree in aeronautical engineering. I believe I understand quite well the effects of contamination on aerofoils after blowing them through wind tunnels.

If you have any further concerns about the lack of quality training at Bartolini then I suggest you avoid flying with the following airlines which have ex-Bartolini students flying for them: Ryanair, easyJet, Wizzair, Condor, DHL, neos, Eurolet and others.