PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR in Scotland or Poland
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2015, 08:19
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Courageous decision

So from what you are saying, the light twin is NOT approved for icing conditions. Training in the summer with higher temperatures will still have days where icing is present below FL100.
As for winter training, it must prove somewhat frustrating with long periods of no flying with extensive cloud.
The exception might well be when a Siberian high pressure occurs. Gin clear days in winter can be quite stunning.

So you encounter icing (non forecasted) and quite rightly land. Sensible decision.

You then " beat ice off the wings and then continue......" !!!!!!!
You launch again into what is now KNOWN icing conditions in a machine not approved for icing? Have I got this right?

You describe this an "extreme experience".......far better than Scotland
You need to go and see a trick cyclist.......you have no comprehension as to what icing can do to flying machines.
As for any Examiner might ever insist on continuing...........I find this comment shows a total lack of understanding on your part.
I see you have now amended the post.....toned it down. The Spin Doctors at the FTO will be in a flat spin with your original post

Last edited by parkfell; 17th Apr 2015 at 14:34. Reason: Update following Spinning......