PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qantas Mainline ever hire another pilot on a permanent contract?
Old 17th Apr 2015, 08:17
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes. I acknowledged that point re 737 hours on a previous page. 737 crew are 10-15% hours short of where they were in the mid 2000s. That said, it's not a 'surplus' per se and as I said previously, it allows Qantas some surge capacity. Do we have enough airframes to surge though? That I'm less sure about. Perhaps not?

I suspect the LH numbers aren't quite at 100. There are still a number of crew to leave on VR before 1 Jul. Wrong categories for sure and perhaps a future RIN to get people into the right categories. Still on minimum divisors though. Perhaps 100 is the right number with divisors at 170+.

I think the 2019 number for new recruits is close to the mark. The 21 year old that gets in on that first intake is going to be numero Uno for 10ish years from when they are 55! Lucky them.

The retirement calculation is back of the envelope stuff. The VRs of the last 18 months will distort it a bit. More this year, perhaps less next year. Hard to call that one.