PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ullswater Lake Maule pilot not guilty
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2015, 04:22
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That (and as a result, the outcome) is what makes the tragedy and the non-event totally incomparable.
Ah, the end justifies the means rationale...

I was thinking to myself, as we took off today, from an unattended grass strip, did Ullswater pilot "book out" to a water landing in a wheel plane? That must have raised eyebrows! But then, the emergency services would have been able to determine that the water landings were intended, and emergency response was not required

The combined age of the two taildraggers I guest flew today was 155 years. Yes, I know that an example of one of the types has been "waterskiied" (in South Africa), But I cannot imagine suggesting to my host that those would be a good thing to try "just for fun" - in any type! I want to honour the great opportunity afforded me, by demonstrating my professional attitude toward flying!

I was once flying a club 172, on business for the club. They had sent an instructor with me for the flight. He asked me if I would demonstrate a roll for him. Quite put aback by the request, I said "no". I'm quite able to safely roll a 172, but it was correct that I didn't, right?