PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qantas Mainline ever hire another pilot on a permanent contract?
Old 16th Apr 2015, 23:43
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Angel

Lol. It's like Mohikan's gone and changed his/ her handle or finally found a friend.

And I won't come on here and make sweeping statements claiming to.
Next sentence

What I do know among the sizeable number that I communicate with is that they are watching and waiting for the best time to return to QF in a position commensurate with their career choice and life goals.
Later

The point is, the people I communicate with are all looking for a return to QF for a position in line with the experience they have gained while on LWOP. That's right, a return to QF. Not a permanent departure. Now my 'sample' of QF LWOP pilots isn't 100%. But I'm tipping it's a very good representation. And 'many' are certainly not planning on leaving for good.
Is what you have said radically different from what I've posted? Is your allegation of zero evidence against me any different to the 'evidence' you bring to the table?

I appreciate that you've brought far more context to the discussion than what I did previously and particularly WRT proposed time frames of 3-5 years (whereas I was alluding to crew who still have 12 months to go and will probably be able to get another 3-4 years taking them close to or over to the 5+ range) but as I pointed out previously, we're really arguing semantics. Perhaps in the future I should ensure that I have 30 minutes available to provide the full context and rationale behind my comments rather than the quick 15 second post. Then I guess I'd be accused of trying to speak on behalf of all Qantas pilots. Oh, wait....

The main point from my previous post- we're not 400+ over stocked. Many (somewhere between 10-30%) of those on LWOP may not come back immediately they're finished or at all and many may do exactly what you say they'll do in terms of coming back when it's 'right' for them in up to 5+ years.

Stop pretending you speak for all QF pilots, and stop pretending you know what everyone is planning.
Lol. Never have I done anything except provide my personal opinion. That opinion is informed by taking in evidence from multiple sources. That includes discussions with those on LWOP (as you also have done but apparently when I share the intent of those discussions (as you have also done) it's wrong and 'speaking for all QF pilots' ) and reading company communications. Note that as recently as a couple of days ago (after I'd written my first burst about not being as much in surplus as many thought) the HOBO communicated 'minimal surplus remaining'.

Anyway, it's always good to see people playing the man instead of discussing the issue. Makes everyone feel much better about themselves.

(See, I even changed the 'lightbulb' for you too! )

Last edited by Keg; 16th Apr 2015 at 23:49. Reason: Had to change the lightbulb lest it raise someone's blood pressure too much!