PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can't believe this
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2003, 14:33
flyboy6876

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Can't believe this

I caught this on an e-mail from African Bushpilots. I just can't believe this rubbish. Any of you East African pilots care to comment, I'd love to here what you've got to say. (In fact, I would'nt be suprised if the person under the ****** reads this.)

Here's any interesting story. ******* is the Director and Chief Pilot for the Kaajansi Aeroclub, which has a commercial operation and does charters. On Thursday 29th he got a request to fly Kajjansi-Entebbe (immigration)- Eldoret for a pickup, to be done Saturday 31st. This was in the clubs Uganda (5x) registered Cessna 210. With the new Kenya (clearance) notam in hand, he faxed the stated number for a clearance. He received by fax a clearance on Ministry of Information, Transport and Communications letterhead with the clearance number. On Saturday he exited Uganda through Entebbe, at the Kenya FIR called Nairobi Centre, and was asked for his clearance number. He gacve it. They told him the clearance was invalid, the wrong person at the Ministry of Information etc had signed (the person did not have authorization), if he proceeded he would be arrested at Eldoret. He came back to Entebbe. So now we must also ensure that the right person signs the clearance in Nairobi.... Probably this also applies to Kenya reg private aircraft currently out of the country.