PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instructor Selection
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2015, 14:47
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pittsextra
Arh ok - but of the biggest region that you are talking about what is the evidence?

Sorry to push but clearly the first steps to any solution is to quantify what the problem is?
Difficult to know where to start. When a student asks you one week after the tech ground course why it's not possible to fly the helicopter with no hydraulics...... when the student crashes after a double AP fail downwind in the circuit - VMC daytime ..... when the students are hoary old hands but don't have the faintest idea why they need to calculate the aircraft mass prior to take off ... when a brief period descending through cloud from VMC on top to VMC below results in inverted flight ..... when despite having two AP's in ATT mode they find it impossible to establish a stable hover .... or fly a profile correctly twice in succession ...... or land and take off on sloping ground using the correct technique ..... or calculate the CG ..... or even understand why they need to know the CG.

I have had pilots with that sort of shortcoming from every corner of the globe but generally speaking the more mature areas are less likely to exhibit these problems. As I said earlier there is a remarkable correlation between the business corruption index found on the Transparency International website http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results and the apparent quality of pilot training. The more the perception of corruption in business the worse the pilot training would appear to be. We are left to ponder that remarkable fact. Please also reflect on the fact that I have trained some excellent pilots from those less mature places too so it can be done.

G