PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all those looking for a new job.
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2015, 01:23
romeocharlie

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts
A few points... Firstly, I'm not an expert.

However, I think 10 years in GA allows me a little poetic licence in this department. We are discussing, for the most part, GA and resume's in Australia or close enough to it. Not Europe or the USA, this is in an Aussie forum. Unless you have spent a considerable amount of time in GA here, and understand what is roughly required from operators/pilots here, then feel free to take your uneducated opinion to another part of the worldly forums (I'm looking at you Porter, a Frozen ATPL was a requirement at some stage for all the major airlines, and if you don't know what one was, google it. If you did spend any time in GA here I retract my harsh words). Also 'accepting' conditions runs all the way up to the top - refer to the latest EBA threads on here.

On topic - people do get it fairly wrong, but older books like Irv Jasinski's 'Airline Pilot Interviews' encourage people to do it the wrong way (good publication though ). I just helped to correct someone's resume yesterday and he removed all the crap and condensed it to 1 page.

Andy, I see your frustration but agree your first post may have come off a little harsh. GAM used to get over 50 resume's a week, if not more - and that's not even posting an ad on AFAP. They have 2 operations controllers working their ar off (generally CPL holders hoping for a start at some stage) and it's easy to say delegate the duty of replying to every single resume, but that would require almost hiring someone just to reply to the emails.

It's also not science of the rocket. 1 page, hours, types (not C152,C152s, C152R), contact details, employment history and referees. Attached to something that says Greetings, my name is bloggs, I have 2000 hours, based in blah and would relish the opportunity to work for your company.

Keep at it lads, it's a long road at times but it'll get better.

Any other questions, I'm happy to answer on PM

Ryan Chase

Last edited by romeocharlie; 16th Apr 2015 at 01:25. Reason: Spacing.