PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice Please - leaving for an offered job
Old 15th Apr 2015, 14:10
Background Noise

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PN and Crab,

The 6 month PVR at age 50 is not a sliding scale, it just comes in at age 50. Neither is it a definite and you can still be kept if required by Service needs etc - although the desk told me, when I took advantage of it, that they were unlikely to decline the request.

This is from AP 3393 (not sure my copy is the latest version):

b. Officers at or over Age 50 or Completed 30 Years’ Total Service. In recognition of their long service, officers who are aged 50 plus, or those who have completed 30 years’ total service, will normally be permitted to exit having given 6 months’ notice, regardless of the Early Termination (PVR) waiting time for their Branch. The Service reserves the right, however, to retain officers for up to the maximum Early Termination (PVR) waiting time for their Branch, or to decline exit on Early Termination (PVR) terms, in exceptional circumstances. Officers in this category who exit on Early Termination (PVR) terms are not normally subject to the RoS requirements at Chapter 4 but should also be aware of the provisions of paragraph 2301.

c. Officers under Age 50 and Not Completed 30 Years' Total Service. Officers who are under age 50 may be granted Early Termination (PVR) but this will be subject to Service manning needs and to satisfying the RoS requirements at Chapter 4 Section 4. Officers are to give a minimum of 6 months notice to leave the service. Those officers who cannot be released on the requested date will have their application dealt with in accordance with paragraph 7608.

Frank,

Didn't that early departure proviso only apply to leaving at IPP? It allowed you to leave earlier than 16/38 but still receive a pension. Not sure how long ago you left but I have a feeling it no longer applies.