PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our old friend GoldenEaglePilot
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2015, 12:17
Genghis the Engineer

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
Our old friend GoldenEaglePilot

I think many of us will remember Kevin Crellin, known in this parish as "goldeneaglepilot"; I had a run in with PPrune management for doubtling his credentials and failing to respect his online investigations and their value; hopefully PPrune management at-least have learned a lesson about that.

I just heard this about him:-

Conman jailed for 21 months after failing to pass on donation to injured pilot (From Oxford Mail)

A CONMAN who failed to pass on donations he collected for an injured pilot has been jailed for 21 months.

Kevin Crellin, 52, took £550 from two people for a pilot who suffered severe burns in a serious accident.

He conned another woman out of ££,£££ for flying lessons that did not happen.

Michael Polak, defending, told Oxford Crown Court this morning Crellin was suffering a heart condition that meant he could die at any moment.

But Judge Patrick Eccles said the public interest requires him to go to prison.

He sentenced Crellin, of Banbury Road, Sibford Gower, to 12 months' prison for three counts of fraud between February and July 2012, to run concurrently, plus nine months for breaching an earlier court order for a fraud offence to run consecutively.
Personally, I thought he'd get a bit more than that - but on the other hand, a couple of years at Her Majesty's pleasure should hopefully give the nasty adequate time to contemplate behaviour and morality.

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 15th Apr 2015 at 14:18.