PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR in Scotland or Poland
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2015, 21:24
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go with Bartolini Air any day. I finished my training there not long ago. Lots of guys from there get airline jobs. Lots go to Ryanair.

And for the record I live in Scotland. I would chose Bartolini again and not think twice.

I did my MEP CPL MEIR there in the middle of winter in 6 weeks. Had to land during my IR skills test to clear ice off the wings after flying into unknown icing conditions. I highly doubt Scotland would have given me a better experience.

If you think they are crap because they are cheap, well you would be wrong. The UK is massively overpriced in terms of flight training to start with and it's cheap in Poland not because it's crap quality but because you don't pay VAT. All their planes are very new with glass cockpits.

All of my instructors were good and my IR instructor in particular had many thousands of hours of flying business jets, examining and other stuff.

You pay exactly what is advertised, everyone is super nice and helpful.

So if you think you will get better quality of training or better job prospects because you pay more than twice as much and do your training in the UK, I would say you are highly highly mislead.

There might be other places in eastern Europe to avoid but Bartolini is not one of them!

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Bearcat F8F; 17th Apr 2015 at 07:59.