PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal article on EK crewing problem.
Old 14th Apr 2015, 15:32
Nikita81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will tell why I have decided to post here.

It was only after I saw your comments on WSJ articles. So I had no previous intentions to involve myself here.

Seems that some of you think you are so important and it is enough to write about your issues here in order to attract journalists' attention and have articles published. It also seems that you think that your writings on PPRuNe have contributed to making your issues public. Indeed, it may be so.

But.

Somebody told me that I would never hear about PPRuNe if I didn't have a problem with EK. True. But it is also true that I have linked your threads on my blog in several occasions. Several hundreds of thousands of people have read those articles.

We are in the same team, but it seems that you are not aware that you didn't contribute as much as you could or you think you have. Mr.Rory was asking me to help him couple of times. I couldn't help him much because my sources had to remain confidential. He was trying to publish these stories for 6 months and he couldn't because nobody was willing to speak under their real names? How is that a contribution? Journalists actually need a real source and a full name and a face, otherwise everything remains a rumor, not useful to them.

Tell me what would you think if nobody wants to talk about their problems with you? Would you think that their problems are not so big as they say? Would you know how to prove that somebody has a problem if they don't want to talk about it?

Mr.Rory had a hell of a difficult job here. And your contribution was not so big as you think it was. Except Emirates Illuminati. But they have a real reason to stay anonymous.

I already wrote about the fact that I only got support emails from present and former pilots but not even one story to publish.

So, don't be so cocky when discussing these WSJ articles. Most of you don't have a real reason to be.

You have safety issues? Bring it to the right address. Now you know that there is somebody listening. Or try out the company's system. PPRuNe is an anonymous joke.

Last edited by Nikita81; 14th Apr 2015 at 17:50. Reason: hundreds of thousands