PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ullswater Lake Maule pilot not guilty
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2015, 11:38
heliusac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, yeah people.

Crikey Heliusac, if you think a bit of harmless water skiing is reckless then you'll do your nut when you find out what the RAF get up to in those valleys!
Blah, blah, blah, RAF, blah, blah, blah. They don't do touch an go's in a fixed wing on Ullswater. I know all about what the RAF do in those valleys cheers and doing touch and goes in a wheeled fixed wing in the middle of a cold deep lake is well reckless.
Don't get me wrong I am impressed by their skills and all up for a bit of airborne fun but I am struggling to see what the point really was? Demonstrating skill, demonstrating the aircraft's capability or showing off? As a former member of the Ullswater lake rescue team that has attended some truly unpleasant incidents on the lake I can tell you that a flipped plane and a dive search for remains is not as much fun as you might think.

That said the main point I am making is that through the misconception of the public this was reported as a crash and set in motion a needless SAR operation that cost a lot of man hours and money. So someone somewhere forgot to notify the authorities what their intention were on that day or as I stated in my OP maybe they had permission (highly unlikely) and it didn't get passed on.

Last edited by heliusac; 14th Apr 2015 at 11:49.