PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instructor Selection
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2015, 00:10
Norman Deplume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

I agree with Crab.

Also, the first thing that has to change is this idea that to get from AFI to FI you have to supervise x amount of solos. That means nothing, absolutely nothing.

That just encourages people to send students on a solo flight regardless of whether or not they should fly a solo exercise.

Why don't they require an AFI to teach every exercise in the syllabus, then have a retraining session to iron out all of their questions (they will have many) and then have a retest to become an unrestricted FI?

Somebody please tell me.....

Also, the above aside, someones enthusiasm is more important than knowledge. If you know lots but can't pass it on, then you are a not a good instructor. You firstly have to care about your students, but also have the ability to pass on the info, and know why you are passing on the info. Not just go through a syllabus blindly because that is what it says. It's like Chinese whispers

Lack of standardisation is rife. CAA examiners/Instructors can't agree, so how the **** are the men on the ground supposed to know what is the right way.

Ask 2 different instructors/examiners and you will get at least 3 different answers as to what is right and why.

I just had an FI test in a foreign country and was told by an airforce QHI that my downwind check was wrong. I used FREDAH. his check was FREDAH but in a different order........

I could go on but it would get me rumbled

I have to go know, there is a knock at the door