PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jets V Heli's
Thread: Jets V Heli's
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2015, 22:56
Evalu8ter

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
fish

Courtney,
Apologies if my tone is offensive to you but your reluctance to accept the experience of others is starting to get a little wearing. I've spent several hours with high class FJ drivers discussing and disecting our mutual tactics to mutual benefit, including flying several on the JS (most of whom were impressed by what we could do and became better at hunting us afterwards...) I'm sorry if my comments irk your ego, but you don 't seem to accept that anybody else has a valid opinion.

Of course RW are detectable by radars/mx, no-one ever said they weren't, but the helo (if properly equipped and trained) does have options & TTPs to defeat most BVR threats. Things change - ASRAAM caused us to rethink some tactics, but with help from the FJ community we tried some solutions. Likewise, I flew several sorties helping the typhoon to calibrate the radar and hone their TTPs when the OEU was standing up. Please don't assume we don't talk to RAF FJ crews - we do, a lot. Sorry I didn't get the chance to talk to you.

I can't expect you to understand what's happened in my cockpit during several hundred 'engagements' any more than I yours. I've had to play dumb for F3 convexees to take valid shots (before, at the request of the OCU staff, proving it's not easy..) and I 've also had to ask Typhoon guys to dumb their system down to better prepare my studes against the likely threat. It's called teamwork and it's really quite useful. That little part of 4/84 about sortie aims ......

In short, you haven't got a death ray and I haven't got a cloaking device....therefore kit, terrain and training make a difference.

HE - oh dear, weak reversionary banter......