PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal article on EK crewing problem.
Old 13th Apr 2015, 06:28
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BYMONEK, I'm glad you have pointed out how we all I'm sure hope the confidential reporting system works.
Speaking hypothetically for a moment, and when I say hypothetically I mean it in the literal sense as well as what was conveyed to me by way of a colleagues opinion.
Whose to say for example that the facilitator is put under pressure to reveal details? are there checks and balances? is the information contained secure and free from external influence? Given the level of hypocracy and collective arse covering/nepotism displayed in various departments, how can we be sure that pressure wouldn't be bought to bear on the individual facilitator? Yes it it most certainly a question of trust and integrity, but it is also a fact that those who have been identified previously have been punished. Is the facilitator above influence/coercion, or are they merely an unwitting yet genuine player in another initiative that is merely paying lip service to the very real benefits of confidential safety reporting? How can we be sure that tomorrow, next week or next year there won't be a decree that forces the system to now identify those individuals on the grounds of "whatevertheyfeckinglike".
If any of that can be REASONABLY assured, then I'm certain more reports would be forthcoming.
Not my thoughts as I say, but an opinion expressed to me by a senior individual recently which to be frank is quite troubling to my sensitive trusting soul.