PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal article on EK crewing problem.
Old 13th Apr 2015, 05:54
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I can understand the reluctance of some to trust any system, there is a huge difference between sending an open letter to Flight Safety and using the CSR system. This system is for cabin crew and pilots, not ground staff (Nikita!)

The airline is required to have a Confidential Safety Reporting system and regardless of what we think of the current management or the culture within the organisation, they too are aware of it's importance. It takes a long while to build up trust and seconds to destroy it. Posting our opinions is fine. Posting that a system doesn't work when you haven't tried it is ignorant. I would not trust writing a letter to AAR via his invitation but I would, however, recommend voicing safety concerns through the correct confidential channel. At least you have recourse should the process fail. You don't through an open system.

The Company could only access the reporters details through the facilitator so unless you don't trust them, I can't see how your details can be released to management. It would need only one person to highlight this shortcoming for it to blow the whole process out of the water. In the last 5-7 years, I've not heard of that and would not expect it anyway.

I think it's about time some people took more ownership of their problems. The forms are on the aircraft ladies and gents, start using them!